To enable and promote responsible sourcing practices throughout the supply chain.
AIM progress* is a forum of major brands which seeks to promote responsible sourcing, to improve supplier assessment efficiency and effectiveness, and to reduce audit fatigue from multiple duplicate evaluations. Suppliers are therefore encouraged to share their assessment reports directly with Aim Progress upon request or upload them via a data platform such as the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (SEDEX) or others, which provide a secure online data exchange between suppliers and customers.
*Association des Industries de Marque – European Brands Association / PROGramme for RESponsible Sourcing
AIM PROGRESS PROGRAM IS BASED ON FOUR PILLARS:
- Cost effectiveness
Minimization of significant risks
Reinforced customer confidence
A continuous improvement process
Strengthened relationships with retail distributors
Effective control of internal processes and minimizing risk of failure
Active member of Sedex Associate Auditor
BUREAU VERITAS OFFERS
- Auditor Selection - Strengthened selection criteria are employed to ensure that the service will be carried out by qualified and competent auditors.
- Risk assessment - In order to qualify the supplier and help it develop, our auditors highlight good examples, as well as non-conformities and observations throughout the assessment and deliver a comprehensive report.
- Simplicity - Bureau Veritas provides its partners with the support necessary to comply with all requirements throughout the process : from obtaining a Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (SEDEX) registration number, through completing the self assessment questionnaire (SAQ), upto uploading the audit report into the SEDEX database.
- Knowledge and Experience - We have worked and continue to support retailers, brands and their supply chains.
- Improved Factory Performance - Continuous improvement driving suppliers quality management systems and quality of manufactured products.
- Technology Applications - Effectively support compliance program execution and management.
WHAT IS A THIRD-PARTY ASSESSMENT?
A third-party assessment is an audit performed by an independent contractor. It qualifies suppliers and manufacturers and helps to control the supply chain.
WHY SHOULD I PERFORM SUPPLIER AUDITS?
Having a thorough knowledge of suppliers is key to control your supply chain.
AIM Progress member companies have high Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) aspirations, including responsible sourcing, and need to:
- Avoid issues such as poor labor standards in supply chains;
- Take active measures to mitigate risks;
- Be efficient and effective in implementing such measures.
AIM PROGRESS AUDIT COMPONENTS
- OPENING MEETING
- VISUAL INSPECTION
- DOCUMENTATION REVIEW
- INTERVIEWS 1
- INTERVIEWS 2
- PREPARE REPORTS
- CLOSING MEETING
Explain the purpose, standard and requirements of the audit.
Confirm availability of required documents.
Evaluate the working and residential conditions of the workers.
Select additional employees for private interview if need be.
Review payroll (hours worked & other) & personnel records.
Environmental, Business Integrity and Health & Safety related documents.
Private or group worker interview concerning compliance issues.
Management interview concerning issues found during document review process.
Auditors consolidate their findings and prepare the Corrective Action Plan and Audit Summary Report as provided by the Sedex Best Practice Guidance.
Clarify any outstanding issues or questions with the factory management.