IATF 16949 - AUTOMOTIVE STANDARD
Standard recognized worldwide related to quality management.
The automotive/motorcycle industry is one of the most challenging industries in the world. Car Manufacturers requires their suppliers to have their processes under control, understand customers’ specific requirements and focus on continuous improvement. Getting your organization certified against IATF Standard will offer a decisive advantage in demonstrating that your company satisfies these criteria.
•What is IATF 16949:2016?
IATF 16949:2016 is the only standard recognized worldwide related to quality management as it applies to any organization active in the automotive supply chain. It replaces ISO/TS 16949:2009 after ISO9001 standard upgrade in Sept 2015. New IATF 16949:2016 has been published by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) in October 2016.
New standard version is based on High Level Structure from ISO9001:2015, insisting on risk management and PDCA continuous improvement approaches considering automotive content changes since previous version.
•Key steps in IATF 16949 certification process are:
•Optional: Pre-audit - Definition of certification scope, gap analysis and diagnosis of your current position against standard requirement
•Certification process & Audits :
» Stage 1 – Readiness review
» Stage 2 – Evaluation of implementation A certificate valid for 3 years is issued upon satisfactory results of stage 2 audit
» Surveillance: 2 audits on a yearly basis performed to verify that the management system still fulfilling IATF Standard requirements
» Recertification: 3 years after Stage2 audit, recertification audit will confirm the continued conformance and effectiveness of the management system as a whole
Note: In case of Transition from ISO/TS 16949:2009, process starts with a Transition Audit which is same than recertification audit then 2 surveillance audits.
- Why should my organization implement IATF 16949? To demonstrate your products and services meet requirements IATF 16949 that reflects Automotive Stakeholder expectations.
- Does IATF 16949 certification bring me any commercial advantage? Yes, most of the TOP 10 car and motorcycle manufacturers, and most of Tier 1 suppliers, contract only suppliers that are certified for IATF Standard.
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS SERVICES?
- Bureau Veritas Certification is recognized by more than 40 national and international accreditation bodies across the world, including the International Automotive Task Force to deliver IATF 16949 certification.
- Bureau Veritas Certification relies on a pool of more than 250 IATF 16949 auditors recognized by the IATF operating in more than 60 countries with automotive/motorcycle industry.
- For IATF Automotive Standard, Bureau Veritas Certification is a world leader by handling more than 4000 sites and certificate over 60 countries.
- The Bureau Veritas Certification mark is a globally recognized symbol of your organization’s ongoing commitment to excellence, sustainability and reliability.
FOR MORE INFORMATION :