ISO 14001 CERTIFICATION
ISO 14001:2015 - proving your environmental responsibility
Environment preservation is one of the major crises we are facing in the world. As customers are becoming more environmentally conscious, businesses have to follow the trend. The appropriate management of environmental issues contributes positively to economic gain and increases the competitiveness of the company. Meeting high environmental standards is important for company image and reputation. Proof of a responsible approach is fast becoming a key purchasing criterion.
BUREAU VERITAS SOLUTION
WHAT IS ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 an international Environmental Management System (EMS) standards applicable to any organization, anywhere. Based on the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle, ISO 14001 provides a framework and specifies the most important requirements to identify, control and monitor the environmental aspects and impacts of any organization, and also how to manage and improve the whole system.
Bureau Veritas Certification offers the possibility of integrated and/or combined certification with other schemes such as ISO 9001, ISO 45001 and/or sector specific schemes (AS/EN 9001...). This delivers greater audit efficiency, consistency and optimization.
Beyond ISO 14001, Bureau Veritas offers services related to corporate responsibility and sustainable development that include:
- Assurance of Sustainability Reports (GRI, AA1000…)
- Social Accountability (SA8000, ISO 26000, Codes of Conduct) Climate Change validation and verification services
- Greenhouse gas emissions verification services (EU ETS ISO 14064) and offset project validation & verification (VCS, CDM, ISO 50001, CORSIA)
Customer, investor, public, community assurance
by demonstrating commitment
- Reducing incidents that result in liability, therefore reducing insurance costs
- Creation of knowledge database for effective exchange within the company information
- High Level Structure (HLS) to easily integrate with other management systems standards
- Improving cost control by conserving input materials and energy
- Assisting the attainment of permits and authorizations for local trade
OUR CERTIFICATION PROCESS
Key steps in our certification process are:
• Definition of certification scope.
• Pre-audit (optional): gap analysis and diagnosis of your current position against standard.
• Certification audit performed in 2 stages :
- Stage 1. Readiness review performed to verify that the organization is ready for certification
- Stage 2. Evaluation of implementation, including the effectiveness, of the management system of the organization
• A certificate valid for 3 years is issued upon satisfactory results of stage 2 audit.
• Surveillance audits to verify that the management system continues to fulfill the requirements of the standard and monitor the continual improvement.
• Re-certification after 3 years to confirm the continued conformance and effectiveness of the management system as a whole.
WHICH AREAS ARE COVERED BY THE ISO 14000 SERIES?
The key areas covered by this series are:
•Environmental Management Systems (EMS)
•Environmental Labels and Declarations
•Environmental Performance Evaluation
•Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
•Greenhouse Gases (GHG) Monitoring
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS SERVICES?
With 150,000 active ISO certificates and +8,000 skilled auditors, Bureau Veritas is present in. 140 countries with local specialists in 80 countries.
Bureau Veritas Certification relies +400 environmental auditors possessing an extensive experience in environmental and technical issues, as well as in depth knowledge of local regulations, markets and language that enables them to provide solutions adapted to your needs.
Bureau Veritas Certification is the worldwide market leader with over 20,000 companies in 127 countries already certified to ISO 14001.
MARK OF GLOBAL RECOGNITION
The Bureau Veritas certification mark is a globally recognized symbol of your organization’s ongoing commitment to excellence, sustainability and reliability.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
+38 (044) 354 16 00