ISO 27001 CERTIFICATION
Safeguard your data and prove your information security
WHO IS ISO 27001 FOR?
Many types of organizations are dependent on fast moving and frequently updated information in today’s environment of increasingly electronic communication. Information security is not just for IT companies though, it covers all information, so any organization that has sensitive data or critical information stored or transferred in any medium, whether it is physical, written, spoken, emailed, app generated or completely cloud based, should consider applying the rigorous information risk methodologies laid out in the ISO 27000 series. It is not just large companies, small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) with less than 250 employees, are increasingly becoming the target of cyber-attacks, with research showing that whereas 18% of cyberattacks were aimed at SMEs in 2011, it had risen to 43% in 2019*. The proportion of SMEs actually experiencing a cyber-security breach or attack is 31%, with 60% of medium sized and 61% of large firms being targeted according to another survey**.
* Verizon 2019 Data Breach Investigations Report
**UK Govt. Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2019
BUREAU VERITAS SOLUTION
WHAT IS ISO 27001?
The pioneer international management systems standard for information security (ISMS) was last updated in 2013 to align with the High Level Structure (HLS) common to most international management systems. ISO 27001 is a specification that enables certification, and heads a growing family of related standards that combine to offer comprehensive guidance and support for organizations that want to systematically understand their vulnerabilities, identify the risks to the security of that information in order to ensure its availability, integrity and confidentiality for their customers, shareholders, regulatory authorities and other stakeholders.
- Enhance your company image with stakeholders and differentiate yourself from the competition
- Address information security with potential clients proactively and shorten your sales cycle
- Reduce the burden of contractually required customer audits by proving compliance to internationally recognized criteria
- Demonstrate return on investment for information security with reduced liability
WHY IMPLEMENT ISO 27001?
Base risk management decisions on strategic business objectives and provide a defined level of assurance
Focus on critical information in any form: digital, paper, video, voice
Enhance information security metrics and reporting to justify ongoing and increasing investment in effective controls
Take a comprehensive risk based view on implementing controls
HOW DO I CERTIFY TO ISO 27001?
The Bureau Veritas approach to certification has been established over 30 years and is supported by a global accreditation held with the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS).
- Definition of certification scope.
- Pre-audit (optional): gap analysis and diagnosis of your current position against standard.
- Certification audit performed in 2 stages: Stage 1. Readiness review performed to verify that the organization is ready for certification; Stage 2. Evaluation of implementation, including the effectiveness, of the management system of the organization
- A certificate valid for 3 years is issued upon satisfactory results of stage 2 audit
- •Surveillance audits to verify that the management system continues to fulfill the requirements of the standard and monitor the continual improvement.
- •Re-certification after 3 years to confirm the continued conformance and effectiveness of the management system as a whole.
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS CERTIFICATION?
Our auditors have extensive knowledge of specific industry sectors, local regulations, markets and language that enables them to provide solutions adapted to your needs.
Bureau Veritas Certification is recognized by more than 40 national and international accreditation bodies across the world.
MARK OF GLOBAL RECOGNITION
The Bureau Veritas Certification mark is a globally recognized symbol of your organization’s ongoing commitment to excellence, sustainability and reliability
Our training courses are delivered by lead auditors with years of industry experience and insight, who have been trained in interpersonal communication, intercultural issues and adult learning concepts.
With 150,000 active ISO certificates and +8,000 skilled auditors, Bureau Veritas is present in 140 countries with local specialists in 80 countries.
FOR MORE INFORMATION