DEMONSTRATE YOUR ABILITY TO IMPROVE THE HEALTH & SAFETY WITH ISO 45001
Your company’s human capital is your greatest asset, which is why the health and well-being of your employees is one of the key drivers for the success of your business. The objective of ISO 45001:2018 is to help you create a management system that proactively prevents injuries or illnesses.
WHAT IS ISO 45001:2018?
ISO 45001 is an international standard giving requirements related to Health and Safety Management Systems. It enables an organization to have control over, and knowledge of, all relevant hazards resulting from normal operations and abnormal situations, and improve its performance.
WHAT ARE THE KEY BENEFITS?
The implementation of ISO 45001 is a strategic and operational decision for your company, allowing you to obtain many benefits:
Reduce injuries, health problems and even fatalities due to work practices.
Proper development and dissemination of the work health and safety policy with clear leadership by management, as well as a commitment to comply with current legislation.
An improvement in the organisation’s reputation.
A more precise definition of the occupational health and safety objectives of an organisation.
More motivated employees, boosting consultation and participation.
Clear leadership by management, as well as a commitment to the management system and compliance with it.
Better risk control and improved occupational health and safety performance and results.
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS CERTIFICATION?
- NETWORK – With 150,000 active ISO certificates and 5,700 skilled auditors, Bureau Veritas Certification is present in 140 countries with locally deployed certification network in 80 countries.
- EXPERTISE - Our auditors have extensive knowledge of specific industry sectors, local regulations, markets and language that enables them to provide solutions adapted to your needs.
- RECOGNITION - Bureau Veritas Certification is recognized by more than 40 national and international accreditation bodies across the world.
- MARK OF GLOBAL RECOGNITION - The Bureau Veritas Certification mark is a globally recognized symbol of your organization’s ongoing commitment to excellence, sustainability and reliability.
OUR CERTIFICATION PROCESS
Key steps in our certification process are:
- Definition of certification scope.
- Pre-audit (optional): gap analysis and diagnosis of your current position against standard.
- Certification audit performed in 2 stages: (1. Readiness review performed to verify that the organization is ready for certification. 2. Evaluation of implementation, including the effectiveness, of the management system of the organization).
- A certificate valid for 3 years is issued upon satisfactory results of stage 2 audit.
- Surveillance audits to verify that the management system continues to fulfill the requirements of the standard and monitor the continual improvement.
- Re-certification after 3 years to confirm the continued conformance and effectiveness of the management system as a whole.
WHY SHOULD MY ORGANIZATION IMPLEMENT ISO 45001:2018?
- Improve your company's Health & Safety image: by implementing ISO 45001 certification, you receive proof of your organization’s on going commitment to the health and safety of your employees.
- Demonstrate legal compliance to safety regulations: a certified occupational health and safety management system provides assurance that legal compliance is effectively managed. Implementing an OHSMS is now a legal requirement in many countries.
- Reduce insurance premiums: by reducing the number of accidents or damage to equipment or plant sites, an organization can also reduce insurance premiums, cost of fines and civil actions.
- A mark to demonstrate your organization'scommitment to excellence: the Bureau Veritas Certification Mark is recognized and respected throughout the world as a valued symbol of reliability, sustainability and trust.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN DIFFERENCES BETWEEN ISO 45001:2018 AND OHSAS 18001?
ISO 45001 is the ISO international standard that replaces the OHSAS 18001 standard. ISO 45001 has been designed to be completely compatible with other standards such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015. It also offers a new approach to the definition of risk, occupational well-being, and the concept of a workplace and a worker. ISO 45001 extends safety management to all the operations of the organization.
Beyond ISO 45001 Certification, Bureau Veritas Certification offers certification to a large range of management system standards that include:
- ISO 9001, ISO 14001, SA8000
- IATF 16949
- AS 9100 & EN 9100
- TL 9000
- ISO 28000 & TAPA ISO 22000
- ISO 27001
As most of these standards are built to be compatible with ISO 45001, Bureau Veritas Certification offers the possibility of integrated certification services, generating audit efficiency, consistency and optimization.